Monday, July 4, 2011




my body makes me so unhappy.


I feel like I am being forced to wear something that does not fit,


that does not suit, that just doesn't look right.




stupidly staring breasts, the sickle scar above the larger of the two


ugly, ill-formed nipples of unripened pink


they point in different directions like blind eyes




my arms are no good


sandbagged by fat on the upper where they join at the elbow


they are curvaceous & when pressed to me they flatten


the flesh laid flat to my hidden ribs




how can my hips be so wide?


they were, seemingly not so long ago,


wrought with just-sub-skin patterns of purple all along


the sharp edged protusions


of my bones


now they are thickened,


tangibly coated in fat that wraps around me


in a lopsided, scarred band


particularly thick at the back, just above my buttocks




it's no good down there, either


wobbly, puckered, dead muscle & coarse parchment skin


elephant legs with the reddend-roll


where the thigh hits the knees


wide wide wide




I feel like Frankenstein's monster


pasted pieces of others & a skin I do not belong in


I have been sewn up in the wrong body


I long to tear this unfeeling, putrefying mass to pieces with my own teeth.






2 comments:

  1. We all have our insecurities- some more than others. Perspective is seeing someone who is horribly disfigured from an accident or both with some awful defect through no fault of their own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know how fortunate I am in that regard. I know that I'm lucky in a lot of ways, & that riddles me with guilt for being so ungrateful.
    At the same time, I know that I am able to change how I look & instead of complaining, I should just do something about it.

    Thankyou for your comment, I haven't had one for ages :)

    ReplyDelete